Sunday, October 23, 2005

"Plus Size"


*WARNING: IF YOU ARE A BOY THIS MAY NOT BE VERY INTERESTING TO YOU *

So halloween has always been a time of confusion for me. I always expect great ideas to pop into my head for costumes, parties, etc. But always I am left with a week to go and no idea where I am going or what my costume will be. This year seemed to be going the same way. I have been searching online for the perfect costume, but let me tell you when you are a big girl the costumes, once you find them, either cost $100 dollars or are the ugliest things you’ve ever seen! And let me tell you there are some plus size costumes that just should not be seen... by anyone... EVER! I mean I can hardly explain the "sexy plus size" costumes I ran across on the internet! Yikes! which leads me to the main message here... some poor miss guided girl thinking she is a size 2 when she is really 22, fitting into these costumes and going out in public. it's just wrong. know your shape and what you should and shouldn't wear.

And this leads me to the bigger issue, I think. What is it with the "oh she’s +14 she couldn’t possibly have any style" Let me tell you that’s not true! There are few store that sell plus size Young Adult (18-25) trendy clothes. It’s just impossible. And the fact that some skinny girl can walk around with her boobs stickin’ out and guys think it’s hot but when a girl my size with naturally large boobs wears a low cut top and it’s gross. What is wrong with society? I mean when you look back in history painting depicted women with substantial... everything, were a sign of beauty. And in nation where the average woman is at least a size 12 why is being skinny such a big deal. And then you have the people who are a size 2freaking out becuase they have a "roll"... excuse me that extra flesh that you are pulling from yourbody...NOT A ROLL! Get over yourself. Until you have a roll that sticks out without pulling, then and only then can you say you are fat, not before.

7 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Are you just upset because I say I have rolls? Don't forget though honey, we do have plans for halloween this year. Costume contest at the Junction on Saturday night. I can't wait.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Why are we the same person? I never have anything cute to wear for Halloween - 34DD doesn't usually fit into a Naughty Nurse outfit.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

The roll thing no, although it does help my "you don't have rolls" comment. And I am SO in love with my costume this year I can't wait!!!
And I love you amanda! What is it... guys love big boobs, right? So why can't i find shirts for big breasted women?!? I mean seriously i can't even find a good bra at Victoria Secret and aren't they like boob central?!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Speaking of costumes, you left your eye patch in my car Saturday. I found it wedged between the seat and door last night.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger paultoes said...

HAHAHA... you left your eye patch in my car saturday. if i had a nickle for everytime i heard that, i would be a poor, poor man. can i use that?

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Sure Paul. you can use any of my stupid sayings anytime you want. You don't even have to ask permission.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

No it's my eye patch you can't have it until after Saturday, and way to ruin the surprise of my costume scott, geez, some people!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home