Wednesday, May 03, 2006

There Goes My Self-Esteem!

I worked this morning and after a "discussion" with one of our guests I wanted to run to a computer and bitch. So here is the scene... I am checking on tables making sure that everything is scrumptious and one of our regulars, an old crabby lady that everyone hates, but you learn to deal with her so she's ok... That is until she flags me down and starts the conversation with
Mean Old Woman: " You want to loose weight don't you?"
Me: (in my head) no I want to stay the size of a whale for the rest of my life!
Mean Bitter Old Woman:"I mean seriously, my daughter has a weight problem and she is having a hard time taking it off to, but if you want some dieting advice don't eat flour or sugar. It sounds simple but it's not. But if you really want to loose weight you should try it."
Me: (still in my head) WOW if I only had this information sooner I could be a model in California, instead of this pathetic fat girl working at a shitty restaurant, I mean seriously what does one say to that!? I mean if I wasn't working I would have told her to shove it and get the hell away from me, but I am in crowded dining room and dumbfounded! Then she continues about how all her family, except for her, have weight problems and how her son gets very upset when she talks about it. WELL DUH! You would think that would be a hint not to tell total strangers they need to loose weight!!!! Right?! Then comes the kicker, as if the whole situation wasn't bad enough, she tells me that I really should diet and that she'll "be back in to CHECK ON ME"!! At this point I was over joyed when I saw people at the door where I then sprinted away from the crochetty old woman and hoped to god no one else heard what she was saying!

4 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

You should have told her off. That bitch will burn in hell. I love you just the way you are. Let's do it.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger CAKehrers said...

She needs to eat a big fat piece of humble pie.

If all of her family is over weight then how can she remain so complelety ignorant!?!

What a jerk.

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger Noland said...

heres the thing, work or no work. u should told that broad (with a smile on your face) that it was inappropriate to speak to strangers that way and that if u ran into her on the street you would hit her in the face and spit on her.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Oh. My. God. WTF? That is worse than the time a tiny Asian woman asked me if I was pregnant. True story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home