Thursday, April 20, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom!

So my mother's birthday was Saturday (Tax Day) This is her with the cookbook I bought her (She would hate me if she found out I put her Picture here, shhhh!). I took the day off and my parents and I went everywhere it seems. First we lounged around the house, then out to lunch at Hunan's Chinese Restaurant. I love this place by the way, very tasty. Then we went shopping, lots and lots of shopping! And although it was my mother's birthday I bought the cutest outfit for myself. I love it! hehe

Then we did the thing I was dreading all day. We went to dinner. And usually I enjoy going out to eat but when it's mom's choice and her birthday, we go to Red Lobster. BOO. I hate seafood! I hate the texture the look and especially the smell! We have a lobster bisque at my restaurant that they bring back every Christmas time and seriously I want to hurl! I don't understand how people can eat that stuff. Gross. Sorry if you like seafood but I don't. Anyway, we are sitting at our booth and I am trying to find something to eat and even though it is a seafood restaurant you would thing they would have a selection of food not from the sea. But nope, nothing that sounded appetizing at least. And most of the chicken and steak dinners we chicken and shrimp or steak and lobster or ___ and seafood! Even all the soups ( and they had FOUR) were all seafood. I mean I know I am not the only person who doesn't like seafood but is dragged there upon occasion. Get it together Red Lobster. And then I did the thing hated by all servers, I ordered something not on the menu. I ordered a chicken Caesar. They had a shrimp Caesar and they had chicken breast so I figured, mix it up and I am set! And even though I dislike RL a great deal I must say our server was very sweet about it and my drink was delicious! It was a strawberry colada thing, tasty!

On a side note I was very disappointed not to see Tim and Andre there...

1 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Oh, Tim and Andrae! I miss them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home