Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve

So it happens every year we host my mother's side of the families Christmas party. She gets mad her house isn't bigger or that my dad didn't do what he was supposed to do, and her sisters and in-laws are going to judge her for random stuff that they probably wouldn't even care about. But either way she gets worked up and makes the house a nightmare.

Then the party happens and she worries all through it about if people are having a good time and if everything is okay. And then this year we had an added stress factor. My brother being gone. So we were having a pretty good time and my brother called to wish everyone well and to say hi, then my mother got the phone, and went upstairs. I went up later to find her and she's sitting on the couch, talking to my brother and sister-in-law on the phone, and crying. So she's crying, then i start crying and it seems like from then on in if she wasn't' trying to hold back tears, i was. It was a mess!

Then everyone left and we ate some left overs from the party that we didn't have a chance to eat because we were hosting ( and when i say we i mean of course me and mom), the i washed the dishes and cleaned up downstairs while my parent wrapped gifts for our unwrapping on Christmas eve which we do every year. And then we sit around and rotate opening presents.

Tomorrow i plan to sleep in and vedge out in dread of having to be at work at 8 o'clock Monday morning for gift returns. Oh joy how i love Christmas!!

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger CAKehrers said...

I wish we could have been there. We cried all night too. We miss every one terribly...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home