Sunday, November 20, 2005

Totally 80's Birthday

Ah, where to begin?! It was so much fun and a great turn out. It started out slow but then more people showed up, I had more drinks and things began to picked up. Karaoke for me sucked, I don't know what happened. I put in 5 or 6 songs and I sang only 2 of the ones that I put in and I was there from 9:30 until 2! I mean seriously what's up with that? But I did get to sing "Hit Me With Your Best Shot", "9 to 5"(for my mom) and then Scott signed us up for "Almost Paradise".

As for gifts. I got lots of cool stuff from my parents, Scott bought me a carebear, I got a mixed cd with birthday in every title ( i beleive there are 12 songs in total), cards galore, a candle from Staci, people from work all signed a card and bought me a scarf and glove set from Marshall Fields, course, Scott and Ashley got both Scott and I an 80's gift set... Full of fun things like a DARE shirt, 80's CDs, and a few books from back in the day, and last but not least I got a shot picking button to wear and a key chain vibrator ( that doesn't' work) from my two lesbian colleagues Nicole and Tessa.

Then Drinks... I had: 3 Long Islands,Variety of shots: a red headed slut, southern comfort, 2 purple haze, an oatmeal cookie, and I feel as though there were at least two more that I am forgetting but there were a sea of shots!

What else... We gave party favors, key chain rubics cubes, jelly bracelets, various types of horns, kazoos, and candy necklaces. There was a big sheet cake that was turquoise, hot pink and purple that said "Like, Happy Birthday Scott & Lisa". And there was garland wrapped around the stairs leading up. That stopped no party invited people from parking it in our area. And much to mine and Scott's enjoyment we stopped the annoying Junction crashers that ruin Karaoke every night they come and bug the crap out of Scott and myself. hahaha foiled evil doers!

What else... My outfit?! I wore a jean skirt with black tights that I cut the feet off of, with hot pink pumps, both a turquoise and hot pink tank top with a black sweater that I cut all to hell. Tons
of jelly bracelets, and a hot pink lace glove on one arm. Then came my head... geez, it's amazing I didn't catch on fire from all the cigarettes burning and all the AquaNet in my hair, it was HUGE, well at least to me. It was big, poofy, the large wave bang. My make-up was dark and scary, it reminded me of a Lea Thompson in Howard the Duck. Honestly, I think I wore more blush last night than I have in any of the shows I have been in. And of course to finish off the look I had one long earring and one short one. I LOVED my out fit! PS It took 15 minutes to try and comb through my hair!

Well here are some of the pictures that I had from my camera, I haven't yet seen the pics my parents took.

And on a side note, I beleive that Scott spilled his beer not once but twice and again broke a glass.... I didn't see him to much that night so it will be interesting to hear what else happened! :) Love you Scooter!

2 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

What else happened? I got trashed, like always, broke a few glasses so I switched to plastic. I had so much fun. Love you.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

you look hot Lisa. happy late birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home