Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Lancome

Yesterday was my first day down in cosmetics and it was an event to see. It first started with my finding out that the woman who was supposed to train me had a funeral so she wouldn't be coming in that day and that the person they got to cover the shift was one who worked in men's fragrance that didn't know anything about the products... Then it got even better, I was there MAYBE 15 minutes and the girl that was there from 9:45-5:00 was leaving for her lunch and would be out of the store for the next hour! Great!!! And, of course, she was only gone another 15 minutes and my first transaction was an exchange so I had three people telling my how to ring it up one way, then another way, and back to the first way, and then call a manager because they have to ok the credit to the woman's account, and it's Lancome's free gift so I was very busy and very confused for my whole 7 hour shift! One the up note I learned a lot and fast, I even did two make-overs and started building clientele! Very exciting.

I also worked this morning with my trainer who sat down majority of the time gave me a book about the product, told me to read up on one thing and then go find where the stock was at the counter... Very tedious since I learned where most stuff was on my first day when I was looking for it by myself. But we'll see how it goes. I work tomorrow, Thursday and Saturday in that area by myself and then it's off to a new counter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home