Wednesday, November 09, 2005

"4 hours" of Driving for What!?

First of all let me explain the "4 hours" you would think it would take around 2 hours to drive to Somerset from Saginaw with construction, rain & fog, which I had all three. But let me just say I am a little speed demon, and everyone knows it!

But anyway, the real reason for the blog is... So I was supposed to go down to the Somerset Mall this morning and had to be there at 9:00. Well I left with plenty of time, 6:45 to be exact! And let me tell you for a girl whose usual wake up call comes no earlier than 12:30 on her day off, waking up at 5:30 was not fun. So I leave this morning stop and grab a cappuccino and some McDonald's hashbrowns and head south. First of all it rained from Saginaw to Flint and then when the rain stopped there was fog, thick fog. And all through the mist of this there was 45 mph construction zones and stop and go. So by the time I got to Somerset it was 10 to 9. So I check in at the front desk and head up to the restaurant, where the training was going to be, and one of the employees told me it was in the break room on the other side of the store, so I walk across Marshall Fields to the break room, I am in there about 15 with other trainees and a person finally walks in and asks if there was any new hires for training, everyone except me got up and followed her to another room. So I headed back down to the Restaurant hoping that they hadn't 't started the right training without me.

When I get back to the restaurant I see the GM of the Restaurant and tell her I was there for the liqueur training and she proceeds to tell me that not only was the training at 4 pm but that it was cancelled two weeks ago!!! I was like EXCUSE ME? Now let me back track a little to when I found out that I had to go to this training, Saturday afternoon. Uh yeah that wasn't two weeks ago... Anyway so the plus side to the situation was that I got to read the book, take the test and leave, so instead of being down there until 1:00 I got home at 1. but still drives me a little nuts that I had to find a replacement to cover me in Saginaw and then drive down to troy at 6:45 for a cancelled training. I LOVE MARSHALL FIELDS!

4 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I don't really see the problem. You got to drive around for no reason. It sounds like a typical day for me.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger amanda said...

So, what's up with liquer training?

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

And what's up with you leaving a 3 minute message on my phone at 430 last night, but not really talking, but having the tv talk in the backround. I'm worried Lisa...not really.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

Sorry about the phone thing...
As for the liquer training, Marshall Fields sells spirits in majority of all thier restaurants and every few years we have to go for TIPS training, to make sure we remeber how to check ids and to see if people are intoxicated, etc. it's SO much fun

 

Post a Comment

<< Home