Monday, January 30, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

Let me just say I wasn't impressed. Don't get me wrong it was a good movie, but I personally don't think it deserves all the hype it's getting.

And the main reason for the post, is that whoever decided make-up, costumes, and hair for Anne Hathaway should be shot or at least kicked out of the business! I mean seriously, why would they change her hair to platinum blonde?! And the scene towards the end (I will save details for those who haven't seen it) but it's when she is talking on the phone, she has horrible hair, and press on nails that are red and not painted all the way and there is nail polish ON HER FINGER!!! Not her nail but her FINGER! It was the finishing touch to a horrible costuming nightmare.

So I am sorry if you liked this movie, but I am still on the fence.

3 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I can't believe how much you've updated. Wow. I loved the movie. I can't believe you didn't.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I think that Anne's makeup and hair were perfect. They showed a transition from her being a good, clean girl to being a hard woman in a loveless relationship. Think about the transition her hair made, and think about the time the movie was supposed to take place, and where. All Texas women in the late 70s and early 80s had platinum blonde feathered hair, and she was supposed to have money, so she would have the big hair and nails. Just my perspective... but I'm right and you know it!

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

no, i totally understand where you are coming from, and yes it is that's most likly what she would look like but all i could think was my poor anne looks like shit! It just distracted me more than anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home