Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Burning Rubber? Gas Leak? ...

11:55 - Let dog outside to go pee
12:05- Smell odd aroma
12:05-12:15- Search for possible gas leak or origin of stench
12:16- wake up father to see if he can figure out weird aroma
12:18- let dog inside, check garage for anything odd looking
12:19- Flip on back yard light and peak out door, see odor... a big ass SKUNK!!

Yes you heard that right. Nasty black and white animal that sprays and stinks, and what did it spray? You probably figured out, my lovely puppy dog Shadow. So while we were searching for the source of stench my dog was in our living room rolling around in our living room on the carpet. So our dog, living room, kitchen, garage, back yard basically everything reeks, and still reeks today. So we scrubbed the dog down with tomato paste then shampoo, and like everything else he still smells bad.

Then this morning I received a call from my mother at around 7:55. Telling me that i had better, really scrub myself before I went to work, because apparently when anyone walked passed her office they could smell skunk. So I scrubbed down in the shower with tomato paste, shower scrub and shower gel and then sprayed myself down with perfume. Needless to say, when i went to work i didn't smell like skunk! YEAH! And then after work I was in charge of going to the store to see if i could find some sort of carpet cleaner that we could use and the air out the house. Unfortunately it still smells....

Does anyone know the cure all for skunks?!?!

3 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger CAKehrers said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger CAKehrers said...

That really sucks.

I have a link for you, but I'll have to email it to you since I can't get it to paste correctly here.

Hopefully this stuff works the way they say it does.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger DeaconBlue said...

Amazing! Almost exactly 2 years to the day after your blog, I had your morning. Imagine me, (still malodorous) sitting at my office typing "dog smells like burning rubber" into Google hoping for guidance and what should appear? That's right. I laughed so hard people came in to check on me. For future reference the formula is apparently 1 quart hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda, and a tsp of liquid soap.

Thank you for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home