Saturday, November 12, 2005

Deer Hunter's Widow Season and more


So it's happened, Deer Hunter's widow season has started and its going to be non stop from now until New Year's Day. The last week at Marshall Fields has been, in one word, hell. We have doubled the majority of our goals and with the way things are going now, I dread... No not dread, fear for the worst on the Black Friday aka Day After Thanksgiving Sale. From then on in it's every woman for herself, and the now bitchy old women will be even worse and more demanding. Ah well, it's going to suck and I will have to deal but I give fair warning that the blogs in weeks to come may be about the wretched people I have had to help at Marshall Fields.

5 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger jon said...

Hi there Saginaw, I'm from east of Flint. I can't get off work for opening day and it's killing me!

By the way, what exactly do you deer hunter widows do when we're gone? My wife doesn't seem too excited that I'm not going.

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I worked at Bennigan's on the lunch (aka shopping break trip) shift the day after Thanksgiving and made about sixty bucks in tips. Did I mention it was at lunch? Those ladies were willing to throw me the big bucks to get in and get out and get back to the mall.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Noland said...

i LOVE that day... last year the day after thanksgiving i made a FORTUNE working a double at work, this year i hope to do the same. as for the widows,you havent dealt with bitchy old widows until youve served at bob evans! trust me

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I can't relate. There's a reason I don't working serving people, and I would never be able to do it on busy days like this. Who's this Jon person? Do you have a new reader?

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

I try to avoid the day after thanksgiving at all cost. I'm trying to remember what I was doing last year....hmm...ah, i had a show-I was playing at puppy at american girl theatre in chicago. Thank god i didnt have to work at the restaurant that day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home