Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Growing Up

So, I am starting to become a real grown up. I have started my transition flying back to home from Never Land. I have been pricing apt, duplexes, water, heat, and most recently cell phone plans. And let me tell you, being the "spoiled" girl I am, will admit, didn't think it would be quiet this expensive. I mean seriously, I have to get at least one other job, or a great big raise, and i haven't even added in the price of my internet, which i don't think i could live with out. It would be to much, in fact, tragic. It all makes me want to cry a little, but then i think of the greatest word... Freedom. Freedom from answering to anyone but myself ( and of course my bills) but not have to tell my parent where i am going what im doing, what time i will be drunkenly stumbling home. priceless!

The other big step i feel into adult hood is paying my dues to join ASID, American Society of Interior Desingers. I am almost there! I have turned in my application and soon will get my card and there and on their website it will say Lisa K, Saginaw, MI, Interior Designer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me very giddy and for a moment i loose all my worries about not being able to make it with my chosen career. Ah, good things will be coming my way I can't feel it! or at least I hope.

2 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger CAKehrers said...

Living on your own can be good and bad.

My sister and I had to move back home when we had our apartment. Her medical condition was getting worse so she needed to move back and I had to because even though I had a full time job I couldn't afford it.

I sucks, your money's not yours anymore.

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

hahaha thanks for the words of encouragement!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home